- Click on the Settings Icon to the right of the user’s name and choose the Permissions link to open the User Permissions
- Make changes to the user’s permissions and click Save.
After adding a user, you may want to give the user permission to make changes to certain news sections, calendars or web pages. First you will need to search for the user.
- Click on the Users tab from the menu at the top of the screen.
- To search for the user, type his or her first or last name in the Search For field and click Search.
- Scroll down the page until you see your user. You may have to click on the arrow at the bottom of the screen to move to an additional page of users with the same name.
- Click on the Permissions link to the far right of the user’s name.
- The User Permissions Page opens.
- Select any News Section or Calendar that you would like the user to be able to edit by clicking on title to move it to the selected Calendars/News
- Find any page that you would like the user to be able to edit and click on the checkbox next to that page to grant the user permission to make edits to that page.Note: Be sure to click on the plus (+) signs to expand the list of pages in the tree. You must place a check box in front of each page the user is to have access to.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save.
It is also possible to grant the user additional rights within the CMS. It is only necessary to give a user these rights if it is necessary to grant them privileges that go beyond access to specific Pages, News Sections, or Calendars. To set the permissions for any user, first find the user by searching or browsing in the “Users” tab, then click on the “Permissions” link for the user.
- Can Manage All News Sections - Gives the user full access to all news sections. This allows them to add and delete news articles to any news section.
- Can Add and Delete News Sections - Grants the user complete access to all aspects of the News Module.
- Can Add/Delete Calendars - This permission allows a user to add and delete calendars. Users with this permission also can edit all calendars and therefore can change who are Selected Editors of all calendars. Users with this right can view, edit, add and delete events to all calendars. They also have the “Show on All” option which allows them to add events to all calendars at one time. This permission is given to the Web Administrator by default.
- Can Manage All Calendars - Users with this permission can edit all calendars. Users with this right can view, edit, add and delete events to all calendars. They also have the “Show on All” option which allows them to add events to all calendars at one time.
- Can Manage Assigned Calendars - This permission allows a user to edit selected calendars. Users with this right can view, edit, add and delete events to their selected calendars.
- Can Manage Any Page - This permission allows the user to have full access to all pages in the website. A user with this right can add and delete pages from all pages in the website. A user can move all pages. A user can also hide and unhide (“Show”) all pages. Users with this permission also have the ability to publish any page within the system. This permission is given to the Web Administrator by default.
- Can Add / Edit Sub-Pages to Assigned Pages - This permission allows a user to add sub-pages from the specific pages that they have been granted access to. A content editor will not be able to publish those new pages unless the “Can Manage Assigned Pages” permission is also granted.
- Can Manage Assigned Pages - This permission gives the user full access to the pages for which they have rights. This includes the ability to add pages from their assigned pages, move, hide and unhide (“Show”) selected pages, as well as publish those changes. This permission is given to the Content Publishers by default.
- Can Manage Image Files - This permission allows the user to delete images and files uploaded to the website. All roles except for the Staff Member role have rights to add images. This right also allows a user to add, edit, and delete Categories in which the images and files are saved. Only the Web Administrator receives this permission by default.
- Can Manage Job Postings - Grants the user full access to all aspects of the Jobs Module