Using the configuration settings of the CMS, it is possible to add new Buildings, Departments, and Positions for use in the staff directory and manage the sort order of these roles. Sorting items in this area determines the order they will display in staff listings being sorted by building, department, or position. For example, a staff list block might be set to 'sort by position' so that Superintendent, or Principal would be at the top of the list when the sort-order is arranged properly.
Only Web Administrators can access this area.
- Select the Configuration Tab> Facilities. The Buildings, Departments, Districts and Positions options are revealed.
Note: Most clients don't use the Districts option as this is primarily for ISDs or other organizations representing multiple districts .
- Click on Buildings.
Note: The process for managing Departments and Positions is similar to Buildings.
- Click Add Building to add a new building to the list
- Enter the Name of the new building, as well as any contact / location information related to the building.
Note: The Website URL field is used for districts implementing building themes or subsites and doesn't need to be set otherwise.
- The Publishers section allows users to be assigned as publishers for any staff that work in that building and don't have publishing rights for their staff pages. When the staff member/content editor clicks 'Ready to Publish' after editing a page, the assigned publishers for the building will receive an email notification. Note: This setting is for publishing staff pages only. For a user to receive 'ready to publish' emails for district pages they need to be assigned to a building and have the role of content publisher.
- Click Save.
- The Sort button allows buildings to be dragged and dropped to the order in which the buildings should display in directories being sorted by building. This is particularly important for positions and departments as most staff lists are sorted by position and/or department.