Once a form has been created, it can be edited and a variety of fields added to it. If a form hasn't been created yet, start by Creating a Custom Form.
Forms are not available to the public until they have been placed on a published page.
Adding Form Fields
- From the admin panel, click the Forms option to navigate to the list of existing forms.
- Click on an existing form to edit it. When editing an existing form, the Form Fields tab will be the focus on the screen.
- Drag and drop fields from the tool box into the form to add various fields needed in the form.
Available Form Fields
When editing a form, there is tool box on the right of the screen with a variety of fields that can be added to the form by dragging and dropping them into the main form field area.
Group Heading – Used to create a visual divider in header format
Information – Used to provide information that will assist in filling out the form
Question – Used to place a long question above the response box instead of to the side
Text Box – Used to collect a single line of text
Text Area – Used to collect multiple lines of text
Check Box – Used to place a single check box response
Date – Used to allow the user to select a date from a calendar
Phone Number – Used to collect a properly formatted phone number
Email Address – used to collect a properly formatted email address
Checkbox List – used to allow the user to select 1 or more options by checking a box. The list options are custom and defined by the form owner.
Radio Button List – used to allow the user to select a single option from a list of options. The list options are custom and defined by the form owner.
Dropdown – used to allow the user to select 1 option from a drop down list. The list options are custom and defined by the form owner.
State / Country Dropdown – used to select the state/country from a system defined list of states and countries.Upload Files – allows user to upload 1 or more files
Drag and drop any of the Tool Box items to add them to the form. Depending on the field being added, there are different settings that can be applied to the field.
- Title - This is the title that will be shown with the field
- Is Required - Check this to make the field required on the form
- Form Id - auto filled, this is for database purposes.
- Min Length - The minimum number of characters that the user must enter
- Max Length - The maximum number of characters that the user can enter
- Export Title - change this to shorten the column heading in the exported Excel Spreadsheet
- Internal Use - When selected, the field will not be displayed for the visitor, but is available to a website administrator to edit and add more information when managing the responses
- Help Text - will appear as a help icon to the side of the field.
- Selections - Only available for checkbox, radio, or dropdown lists. Multiple selections can be added to these field types.
Managing Form Fields
Once fields have been added to the form, they can be managed again at a later time. If the form has already been placed on a page, changes to a form will be reflected on the page once the form is saved.
- Edit - The edit button opens the field properties to update the details of the field.
- Delete - The trash button deletes a field from a form.
- Reorder - The arrows next to a field allows the field to be dragged and dropped into a different order for the form.
Once satisfied, save the form to have the changes applied to the form. If the form has been placed on a page, the changes will be reflected on the page automatically. To place a form on a page, add a new block to a page and choose the Custom Form block type, or see: