When you edit your form, you will automatically be taken to the Form Fields tab. From here, you will be able to add and remove form fields, identify required fields and change the order of fields on the form.
Adding Fields to your Form
There is a tool box to the right of your form fields that has all possible options of fields that you can add to your form.
Group Heading – Used to create a visual divider
Information – Used to provide information that will assist in filling out the form.
Question – Used to place a long question above the response box instead of to the side
Text Box – Used to collect a single line of text
Text Area – Used to collect multiple lines of text
Check Box – Used to place a single check box response
Date – Used to allow the user to select a date from a calendar
Phone Number – Used to collect a properly formatted phone or cell number
Email Address – used to collect a properly formatted email address
Checkbox List – used to allow the user to select 1 or more options by checking a box. The List options are custom and defined by you.
Radio Button List – used to allow the user to select a single option from a list of options. The list options are custom and defined by you.
Dropdown – used to allow the user to select 1 option from a drop down list. The list options are custom and defined by you.
State / Country Dropdown – used to select the state/country from a system defined list of states and countries.Upload Files – allows user to upload 1 or more files
Click on any of the Tool Box items to add them to your form. The new field will be added to the bottom of the form.
- Title - This is the title that will be shown with the field
- Is Required - Check this if the user must complete the field on the form
- Form Id - auto filled
- Min Length - The minimum number of characters that the user must enter
- Max Length - The maximum number of characters that the user can enter
- Display Width - not used for future use
- Export Title - change this to shorten the column heading in the exported Excel Spreadsheet
- Internal Use - When selected, the field will not be displayed for the visitor, but is available to a website administrator to edit and add more information when managing the responses
- Help Text - will appear as a help icon to the side of the field.
If you select a form field that is a list or drop down, you will have to manually build the options for the list.
Removing a Field from the Form
To remove a field from a form you can click the Trash icon next to the field name. To edit a field click the Edit icon.
Changing the order of Fields on a Form
When adding new fields to a form, the newest fields will by default go to the bottom of the list.To rearrange the order of the fields:
- click and drag the arrows next to the field to the desired position.
- Once satisfied, Save your form. Your form will now be available to be placed on a page.