All user roles, other than the Web Administrator, must be assigned access to specific News Sections in order to manipulate content. In other words, if a Content Publisher is not ‘assigned’ a News Section, they do not have access to and cannot make changes to the content.
Modifying a Single User's Assignments / Permissions
- Select the Users tab from the CMS Administrative panel.
- Search for the user whose permissions you would like to modify.
- Click on the Settings Icon to the right of the user name and choose Permissions.
- Select the News Tab
- In the News Section Assignments area, select the news section(s) users permission is to be added to by clicking the News Section Name.
- Click Save
- Can Add and Delete News sections: Default is NO. To grant the user the additional right to delete news Sections, select YES.
- Can Manage All News Sections: Default is NO. To grant the user full access to Add, Edit and Delete news Articles, select YES.
Modifying Multiple User's Assignments / Permissions
Note: Using this method, only the users rights to add news articles to the specific sections can be granted. If they require additional rights, each user’s individual permissions must be modified as noted above.
- Select the News tab from the CMS administrative panel.
- Click on Edit News Sections.
- Find the news section to have user permissions added to it and select the Edit option to the far right of the screen.
- Select the users from the list of “Available Editors” by clicking on their name.
- Click on Save.