Before adding events to a calendar, a calendar must be created to "contain" the events. A separate calendar can be created for any group or department that has a set of activities to communicate to the public. If calendars have already been created, see adding events to a calendar to learn how to add events.
Note: A users must have permissions to add a new calendar. Contact a district web administrator if you do not have permissions to add a new calendar.
Adding a Calendar
- Select Calendars from the CMS admin panel. The Calendar Event List will be displayed.
- Click the List Calendars button to navigate to the calendars list page.
- From the Calendars List, click the Add Calendar button to add a new calendar.
- Type in a Calendar Name to associate with this calendar.
- Choose Internal Foxbright Calendar for the Calendar Type. If adding an external ICAL integrated calendar, see iCAL integration for instructions.
- By default, calendars are iCAL enabled for website visitors. This can be turned off if desired. Note: Displaying the iCAL button can also be deactivated in the calendar block settings when adding a calendar to a page.
- The Permissions tab allows adding additional users to be able to manage this calendar.
- Click Save.
Managing Existing Calendars
Once a calendar is created, it is added to the Calendars List. Clicking the gear icon will display the following options for managing the existing calendar:
Editing a calendar will allow changing the name of the calendar, changing the type of calendar or updating permissions to the calendar. Editing a calendar can also be accessed by clicking the name of the calendar from the list.
Clicking Events will navigate to the Events List displaying only events from the calendar this was selected from.
Import Events allows importing multiple calendar events via .CSV or iCAL (.ics) file.
Export Events allows exporting all events related to this calendar in a .CSV file or iCAL file. When exporting events, select the date range for which the events should be exported and the file type that should be generating. If no date range is selected, all events for the calendar will be exported.
Purging events can help keep the calendar list clean by removing old and irrelevant events. A date range can be selected to specify which events should be purged.
Deleting a calendar will completely remove the calendar and all associated events. Events shared from other calendars to the calendar being deleted will not be deleted from their primary calendar.