This new feature allows Rich Text content blocks to be hidden under a title which can be clicked on to view the content. This is useful when a larger amount of content needs to be on a page, but doesn’t need to be displayed unless the site visitor wants to view it. Consider using Expandable Content Blocks when adding a collection of links and files that can be categorized or when adding information on a variety of subjects that can be accessed individually as opposed to having one long page of information. Possible uses for Expandable Blocks include but aren’t limited to:
- Transparency Documents
- HR Documents
- Media/Library Resources
- Long pages of Resources that can be categorized
- Any listing of messy content that can be categorized
Creating an Expandable Content Block
- Edit the page where Expandable Content Blocks will be added.
- Add a Rich Text content block to the page.
- Check the checkbox at the top of the editor to enable the Expand/Collapse Block feature.
- The field for the Title of the Expandable Block will be revealed.
- Add a Title to be displayed on the page for a user to click on to reveal the content that is inside the rich text block.
Note: Adding a title is important as the expandable block wont function / look correct without it.
- Save the content block and the Expandable Block will be added to the page. (Repeat Steps 2-6 for each expandable content area).