Before you can Password Protect Pages on your website you must first Create a Zone Group. After completing this step, you are now ready to password protect the area(s) of your website that will require the user to login to view the content. It is assumed that the pages that are to be protected have already been created.
- From the Foxbright CMS Admin panel, click on the Web Pages and then Page Tree or My Pages (teacher pages)
- Find the page in your website where you would like to place the password protected zone. In this example, the secure zone will be in the “Staff” section of the website.
- Click on the “Settings” from the gear next to the page that will require a user to login to view the content.
- Locate the blue bar labeled Password Protected Page Settings.
- Expand the Password Protected Page Settings section by selecting the ˄ to the right.
- Select “Yes” for Is Password Protected Page.
- In the editor window called Login Page Message, enter the content that you would like displayed on the login page. Format this information exactly as you would like it to display. This should be instructions on how to login and who should have access to this area of the website.
- Under Group Assignments, select the 1 or more zone groups that you would like to have access to this part of your website. Select the group in the Unassigned Groups to move to the Assigned Groups.
Note: Any CMS User/Staff and/or Guest Account that is assigned to the group(s) in the Assigned Groups list will have access to this page and all sub pages.
- Save your changes by clicking on the Save button.
- You can preview the page by clicking the gear and selecting Preview from the list.
Note: If you test the login, you will be logged out of the CMS Admin Panel and will be required to login again to the Foxbright CMS Admin Panel.
- Remember to publish the change.