District Website Alerts help ensure visitors get important information upon arrival to a website. Alerts can include but are not limited to: closings, delays, meetings, and events. Alerts make use of the Foxbright News module, specifically Headline news. When an Alert is added, the publish date and archive date determine when the alert will be visible. The alert will automatically show on the publish date and will be removed on the archive date. Multiple alerts can be displayed at the same time. The alerts will be shown as a drop shadow window on top of the home page as shown below. The visitor must close the alert before they can navigate the website.
Website Alerts are a part of a website’s template and need to be set up by a Foxbright support staff member. If the District Website Alert feature needs to be added, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Some websites have district alerts on building homepage layouts. To add alerts to those pages, follow the same process but select the Primary News Feed associated with the building's alerts feed. In some situations the same District Alerts feed is used for all building alerts.
Adding a District Website Alert
- Click the Add News Post button in the admin panel sidebar, or click News to the news posts list and click the Add Post button.
- Fill out the news post form:
- Primary News Feed: Most sites with District Alerts setup will have a News Section dedicated to alerts called “District Closing & Alerts” or something similar.
- Enter the Post Title
- Enter the Publish & Archive Date
- The Display Date can be used to display a different date with the post than the publish date.
- Display in News Headlines should be left set to 'yes' as District Alerts uses the News Headlines type feed. The Headlines End Date can be set, or if left empty, the post will default to the archive date.
- Links to files or URLs can be added in the attachments area.
- Additional information can be added in the Details tab. Anything in the Summary area will show in the Alerts pop-up. Content in the Post Details area will be available from a link added to the post.
- Save the News Post.
- The Alert will automatically show on the date entered in “Publish Date” and will hide on the “Archive Date”.