Password Protected Pages has 2 advanced features:
- Anonymous Login - auto authenticates a user based upon IP address
- Group Landing Page URL - When a user authenticates, the user is redirected to the page set.
When staff are logged into a trusted network, the Anonymous Login feature can be used to eliminate the need to re-authenticate to access the password protected pages.
It is important to understand that this feature should not be used by schools that do not have separate networks for staff and students as unauthorized entry by students logged into the network could occur.
If your network is safe and you do not have students that access the network, this feature can safely be used.
- Select Protected Pages and select Manage Groups from the menu list.
- Find the group on the list, click the gear and select the Edit option.
- Locate the Anonymous Login Section and
- Set Allow Anonymous to Yes
- Enter 1 or more IP addresses (separated by commas) associated with the safe networks.
- Select the Save button. Changes will take effect immediately.
Group Landing Page URL
The Group Landing Page URL is helpful if you would like to have 1 login page for all users, but would like to direct the user to a specific page based upon their assigned Zone Group. For example, if you have a Client Login page, you can create a zone group for each client and set the Landing Page URL for each Client Zone Group. When a client logs in, they will be directed to their specific client page. If you think this feature would be useful, please contact Foxbright Support for help in setting this up.