Table of Contents
Adding a Spotlight
- Click Spotlights in the left hand menu of the admin panel and click Add Spotlight.
- Select the Spotlight's Primary Group, the Group in which the Spotlight will be displayed. The Spotlight can be displayed in additional Groups by selecting them in the Secondary Groups area.
- Give the Spotlight a Title. The Title can be publicly displayed once placed on a page or hidden.
- The Spotlight Description area is for a brief summary/description about what the spotlight is. The Description can be publicly displayed once placed on a page or hidden.
Note: Spotlights are meant to be brief. If there is a lot of content, or multiple links intended for the spotlight, consider using the news feature or rich text content. Alternatively, link the spotlight to a separate page with that information.
- The Expiration Date/Time can be set to schedule the removed of a spotlight from the page they are displayed on. This setting will not delete the spotlight, only hide it from the spotlight group being displayed.
- Click Select New Image to Upload to add an image for the Spotlight. If a Size Category was added to the Spotlight Group, the Image Wizard will open to allow cropping/resizing of the photo. See Creating Spotlight Groups for how to add a size category to a spotlight group.
Note: If the image is smaller than the size category assigned, the Image Wizard will require a larger image. Learn about Using the Built In Photo Editor (Image Wizard)
- If the uploaded image has information/text not included in the title and summary, the information can be added to Image Alt Text field for ADA compliance. If the image is decorative, or the information is already included in the spotlight detail, the image can be marked as decorative.
- A Link can be added in the link area. An external link can be pasted, or an internal page or file selected by clicking the page selector button next to the link field. Files must be added in the Files area of the admin panel before it is available to add to a spotlight.
- Link Text can be added for the link. If left empty, the default link text is "More..."
Note: for compliance, the spotlight title will be used as a label for the link using default text. Spotlights are one of few areas where generic link text is acceptable.
- Set Yes or No for the desired link destination. Yes (new window) is the recommended default for external links and linked files.
- The Secondary Groups tab can be used to share the spotlight on additional spotlight groups.
- Save the spotlight. It will automatically appear on pages the spotlight group, or secondary spotlight groups, have been placed.
- Click Spotlights in the left hand menu of the admin panel to view the spotlights list.
- Each spotlight has a gear icon with the following options:
- Edit - Opens the spotlight form where the Name, Description, Link and Image can be updated
- Delete - Deletes the spotlight from the CMS and all spotlight groups it was shared on.
Reordering Spotlights in a Group
By default, spotlights are displayed in the order in which they are added in the CMS. The spotlights order can be changed by managing the spotlight group the spotlight is assigned to.
- Click Spotlights in the left hand menu of the admin panel, then click the Spotlight Groups button.
- Click the gear icon next to the spotlight group and choose Reorder.
- Drag and drop the spotlights to the preferred order and save the spotlight group.