Tracking website traffic using Google Analytics is a great way to see who is coming to a website, how they are getting there, and what they are looking for. A Google account is required to set up Google Analytics.
Sign up for a Google Analytics Account.
- Go to the Analytics sign up page to get started
- Click the "Sign Up" button.
- Add an Account Name and Website Name in the appropriate fields.
- Add the Website Address. Make sure the whole address appears, such as: http://www.foxbright.com
- Pick the correct time zone - this will help the reports be accurate.
- Click Get Tracking ID
- Accept the terms of agreement.
- Copy the Tracking ID. It should look something like: UA-12252409-1
- A "Tracking code" is also provided. This code has already been put into the Foxbright CMS. The Tracking ID is the only thing needed to be added to the CMS.
Getting tracking activated in the CMS
- Log in to the CMS administration panel using a web administrator account.
- Click the Configuration menu and select Advanced Settings> Application Settings from the menu list.
- Select Google Integration Settings from the Category Drop List.
- Change GoogleAnalyticsEnabled by selecting the gear icon and choosing Edit.
- Set the Value setting to Yes and Save the setting
- Change the GoogleAnalytics UID by selecting the gear icon and choosing Edit. Paste in the UID code provided by Google.
- All web pages will now be enabled on the website. New pages added will automatically be added to the analytics. Statistics may take a day or two to take effect.