Use the import function to get all the users into the Foxbright CMS system and create a searchable staff directory for the website.
Creating the CSV file
The import is done using a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file. The easiest way to create and edit these files is using a spreadsheet program like Excel. Typically the information about your staff is already in another system (managed by Human Resources) or is in another spreadsheet. Assuming you already have or can create a spreadsheet with the staff information, the easiest way to prepare the import CSV file is as follows:
- Open the example CSV file that you find attached to this post in a spreadsheet program.
- Copy and paste staff information from the district's database, one column at a time, into the CSV file
- Save the CSV file, ensuring that Excel maintains the file in CSV format and that it does not revert to XLS.
- If a staff member serves in more than one position, create a new row for each building, department or position they hold, and include all the remaining information (name, email) for the staff member so that the system can unify each record for the staff member into one account. Additional responsibilities can be added to a staff account after import by editing their account.
- See the PDF attached to this post for further information on which fields are required and the default values for fields not supplied.