Many districts are using social media to engage with their community. Embedding a Twitter feed can attract visitors to the social media page, and provide an easy way for updates to automatically show on the site.
Note: Sometimes a Twitter feed code can benefit from css code adjustments for optimal display. If the feed doesn’t display in an ideal manner, contact firstname.lastname@example.org about embed code adjustments to help match the district website.
- Visit publish.twitter.com
- Paste the URL to the twitter page in the search bar and click the next button.
- Choose the display option for the embed - Embedded Timeline will generate a feed of the account's timeline.
- An embed code will be displayed which can be pasted in a plain text block in the Foxbright CMS. A Preview of the feed will display below the configuration options.
- Recommended: Click the set customization options link to adjust the height, width or color color of the feed. For embedding in a column area of a webpage, a width of 250px wide and a height 500px is a good place to start. These settings can be adjusted according to the area and desired display on the website.
- Click the Update button to re-generate the embed code with these settings.
- After logging into the Foxbright website, edit the page the feed is to be added to.
- Add a new Plain Text / Embed Script content block to the page.
- Copy and paste the provided code into the content block.
- Preview the page to be sure the feed is displaying properly.
- Publish the page when satisfied.