This article covers adding an image inline as content on a page. For a video demonstration, see the Intro to Page Editing video.
See documentation regarding Photo Galleries if adding images to a new or existing gallery.
Cropping / Resizing an image
Some images look better on pages after they've been cropped tighter to the subjects in the images. If a photo editing software is not available, https://pixlr.com/x/ is among the many free 3rd-party photo editing tools available online.
Inserting the Image into a Web Page
- Click Edit the rich text block where the image is to be added.
- Click to place the cursor where the image should appear.
- Click the Image button.
- Click Browse Images.
- Search for the image by name or use the Select Folder to filter the results.
- Click to select the image.
Note: To upload a new image, select Add File at the bottom of the browse image window. Choose the folder to put the image in and click Select New File to upload an image. Click Save to add the image to the list of images.
- Make necessary changes to the image such as size or alignment. Clicking the Link tab will provide fields to make the image a link to an internal/external page or file.
Note: Most images can be marked decorative.If the image contains information such as text, or it is linked, the information from the image or a description of the link destination should be added Alternative Text field in order to keep a website ADA compliant.
- Click OK. The image will now appear in the Content Area.
- Publish the page to make the changes public.
Uploading an Image to a Folder from the Admin Panel
Sometimes it can be helpful to upload images or files to a folder to save for future use.
- Click Files tab from the left of the Admin panel.
Tip: Click the (+) in the menu to go directly to the add file page.
- Click Add File.
- The Add File screen opens. Select the Folder where the image/file will be saved.
- Update the image's Name or Description if desired.
- Click Select New File to upload a file from the computer.
- Click OK to select the file. The file will now appear in the window.
- Click Save.
Deleting Uploaded Images and Files
Only users with permission to manage a file folder will see delete in the image options menu.
- Click Files from the left of the Admin Panel.
- A list of files will be displayed. Use the folder dropdown to filter to a particular folder.
- To the right of the image or file name, click the Settings icon and choose delete.
- The CMS will search for links to the file from within the website and provide a reference list to prevent broken links. Confirm the deletion by checking the confirm delete box and click Delete.
Warning!! This deletion is permanent. If the CMS finds references to a file that is being deleted, it is best to find and remove or update those references to prevent broken links or images.