CMS4 is designed to convert your content to an acceptable format for your website. The steps below explain how to paste content from another source, such as word, and automatically apply the websites formatting.
- Select the text you want to transfer to the district page. (Ctrl + A will select all of the text)
- Copy the text. (Ctrl + C)
- Click Web Pages from the left of the Administrative Page and choose Page Tree.
- Click the Settings Icon next to the page in which you want to add text and choose Edit.
- Inside the page, choose Edit for the block you would like to add content to. If the block isn’t already a Rich Text block, you can with add one by selecting Add Block in the area on the page you want the content, or by selecting Change Block in an existing block and choosing Rich Text.
- Click the Paste from Word icon at the top of the edit window and paste the text into the box that appears.
- If you wish to paste text but add the formatting manually click the Paste as Plain Text.
- Use the drop-down formatting menu for access to your website’s heading styles. Using these fonts keeps your district web pages looking uniform and ADA compliant.
- The Language Selector drop-down should be used to identify non-English text for screen reader identification and ADA compliance.
Other formatting buttons are available for use. If you are uncertain what a button does, hovering your mouse over it will reveal a box with the name of the function. These buttons provide the ability to:
- Remove Indent
- Bulleted List
- Numbered List
- Horizontal Line
- Spell Check
Other buttons in the toolbar associated with functions such as adding an image, linking to documents, and embedding videos, are covered in other articles within the User Guides section of the Help Desk.