The Image Wizard photo cropping tool is available for photo galleries, spotlight groups and news feeds to allow users to easily resize and crop photos. When a size category is assigned to the photo gallery or spotlight group, it ensures uploaded images are cropped to the same width and height.
Note: Only web administrators have the ability to add size category presets. Once a preset is in the system, any user can apply the size category to their gallery or spotlight group.
Using Size Categories for Photo Galleries
Note: Photo galleries can be created without any size category applied. When no preset is selected, the image cropping tool will not be available.
Using the Image Wizard in Photo Galleries
- Add or edit an existing gallery.
- Click the Add Photo button.
- Click Select New Image to Upload to upload an image for the computer.
- The selected photo is loaded into the Image Wizard, which provides tools to resize and crop the photo to the correct size.
Note: If the Image Wizard is not be initiated, confirm that a size category has been applied to the gallery in the information tab.
- A transparent crop window will appear on top of the image and a slider under the image can be dragged left/right, selecting more or less of the image to be cropped. The crop window will never go smaller than the assigned size category.
Note: If uploading a large image, the slider may take a moment to load.
- Select the portion of the image to be used by resizing the image with the slider and dragging the crop-window.
- Click the Next button to see the cropped and resized image.
- Click Undo Crop to return to the crop selection window, or Save to add the photo to the gallery.