Changing the order of pages in a navigation menu is a common need and the method of doing so can be easily over-looked. Sometimes a new page is created, and by default is placed at the bottom of the menu for the area of the website it has been added to.
The items in a navigation menu follows the order that the pages are displayed within the page tree. This order affects all navigation menus including the main navigation bar, and the pages within a main navigation drop down menu, when applicable. Page order is also reflected in side, header, quicklinks and any other system-generated menu. Fortunately, reordering a menu is only a few clicks away. A user will need permission to manage the pages in a section to reorder them.
Reordering a menu
- Log into the Foxbright CMS and navigate to the district or teacher's page tree.
- Click the gear icon next to the parent page to the section of pages that are being reordered.
- Choose Reorder Menu
- A list of the pages in the section will appear. They can be drag-and-dropped into the preferred order.
- Alternatively, the Auto Sort button will reorder the menu alphabetically.
- Click Save to complete the reordering process.