A favicon is the small logo located on a browser tab. Only Web Administrators are able to change a website's favicon.
- Crop the favicon image to 32x32 pixels and save as a PNG. Favicons can also be .GIF or .ICO format. Note: Favicons with a white background are fine, but transparent backgrounds also work well.
- Upload the favicon icon in the files area of the admin panel. Most websites have a folder called 'Logos and Assets' or a similarly worded folder for these types of files, though the file can be added to any folder.
- Once the file is saved, edit the file and copy the address of the image, under the File Details tab.
- Go to Configuration > Advanced Settings > Application Settings
- Search for Favicon or filter to the Files and Image Settings category.
- Edit the Favicon Path setting and paste the address of the favicon image.
- Save the setting.
- Check to see if the favicon is in place on the live site.