Size Categories must be set up for the website to make use of the image resize/crop feature. A district web administrator will have permission to create a size category.
- Once logged into the CMS, click the configuration drop-down and choose size categories.
- Click the Add Size Category button
- Fill out the provided fields as follows:
- Name (required): Give the size category a name such as “District Home Photo Rotator”, “School Home Photo Rotator” or ‘spotlights’. Adding the actual pixel proportion to the title can be a helpful reminder.
- Description: Optional Description
- Width: Width of the photo in pixels
- Height: Height of the photos in pixels
- SortOrder: This will determine the order the list of image size presets will be displayed. The lower the number.
- Save the Size Category.
Note: It can be helpful for users to include the category dimensions in the size category name. This may help users be sure they are selecting the best size category for the application.