This is what a new profile page will look like before content is added to it. This article will show how to add content to the various sections of profile pages.
- Log in to the website by visiting the website URL and adding /admin to the end.
- If unsure of login credentials, contact the district web admin to change the login/password. Some staff may need their ability to login to be activated by an admin.
Changing your default information for your profile
Profiles have basic information like name, phone number, position, and profile added automatically to the sidebar of the profile as seen in the first graphic of an empty profile page (featuring my goofy dog). This information can be edited in the My Information area once logged in.
- In the top-right of the admin panel there will be a tab with the account name. Click that tab to reveal My Information. Click the My Information option.
- In the My Information area, there is an area to reset the password.
- There are fields to edit contact information such as name, email and phone number. All this information is added into the sidebar of the profile automatically, and needs to be updated in the My Information area to be changed in the profile page.
- Below the contact information there is a ‘Photo and Profile’ section.
- Click Select New Image to Upload to upload a profile picture that will be added along with contact information to the sidebar of the profile page.
- Click the Save button to close out of the account information area.
Adding Content to Your Profile Page
- In the top-left of the screen, there is a My Pages button. Click that button to go to the profile page tree.
- Click on the profile page in the page tree to edit the page. Additionally, from the gear icon next to the page, additional pages can be added to the profile page if needed. For basic profiles, Bio information on the main profile page is sufficient. Some clients add additional pages to their profiles for different classes. To do so, click add new page from the gear icon.
- I will focus on editing the main profile page by clicking the page called Adrian Foxbright – This will be your name when you view your profile page tree.
- Above is the edit view of the profile page with no content in it. My contact information and profile picture are displayed in the left column which was brought in automatically from my account information as discussed in the first section of this document.
- Edit sections on the page by hovering over the 'blocks'. There are blocks in the sidebar to add information there, or in the main content area. The default block type is the Rich Text Editor. This block type is used to add information, pictures and links.
- Multiple blocks can be added to the page by hovering over the grey bar and choosing add new block. For basic profile content, the existing blocks may be the only blocks needed to add content to.
Note: Blocks with no content in them will not show on the live page, so don’t worry about unused blocks.
- The very first block at the top of the page is an Image block and its use is optional and may not be available depending on the website design. To add a full width image to the top of the page, hover over that block and choose Edit.
- The block will open, click the Change button to select an image for this area.
- A new window appears where images uploaded to the site can be selected. There is an Add Image button which will upload an image from the computer. For this area, horizontal/landscape images will look the best because any image added here will be displayed at full width of the content area.
- After clicking Add Image, choose the file category to add the image to. Staff should have access to a My Files category which is the best place to add images and files for the profile. If the staff member is an editor for other pages on the website, they may have access to other categories, however, My Files is the category designed for profile pages.
- Click the select new file button to upload a new image from the computer.
- Click Save to have the image added to the available images list. Click the image to add it to the image block on the page.
Editing content on the page
- Hover over the empty block at the top of the page and choose Edit to open the Rich Text Editor.
- The Rich Text Editor has all the functions needed to add content to the profile page.
- Hovering over any of the buttons will display a pop-up that says what the button does if needed.
- You can type or paste content in the editor similar to any text editor platform.
- Type the content you want to display on your website. The Format dropdown offers different heading styles for the website. These heading styles serve a purpose for ADA compliance so they should be used, in order, to separate sections of information on your page. It is not recommended to use a heading style for all of the content on your page.
- Use the Link buttons in the top-right of the editor to add a variety of Links to the page. To add a link, type the text for the link somewhere, highlight it, and click the appropriate link button. The generic link button adds a link to a different URL. The 2nd link button adds a link to a file. With the link to file button, files already uploaded to the website can be linked to, or to a file that cane be uploaded via Add File.
- On the left of the middle row of buttons is the image button, which adds images as content in the profile. Select existing images on the website, or upload a new one to the My Files category.
- Once an image is selected, it can be aligned left or right to the text if desired.
- Once happy with the content in the block, click the save button to close the rich text editor.
- To exit the page, there are three buttons in the top right of your page.
Preview – Opens a new window showing what the page will look like once published.
Ready To Publish – Sends a notification to the publisher alerting them changes have been made to the profile and they can publish the page. If the account has the permission to publish profile pages, this button will instead be “Publish” which will make the changes go live. A web administrator will need to edit account permissions to give users the ability to publish their own pages.
Close – This will save the changes but not publish the page, or send a Ready to Publish notification.
For further assistance please contact Foxbright Support at email@example.com or 616.988.2400 ext 201.