This article will show how to update staff pages. For information on updating a staff account, see Updating Staff Account Information
- Login to the website by visiting the website URL and adding /admin to the end.
- If unsure of login credentials, contact the district web admin to change the login/password. Some staff may need their ability to login to be activated by an admin.
Adding Content to a Profile Page
- My Pages can be accessed through the button in the top-left corner of the admin panel or through the account information tab.
- Click on the profile page in the page tree to edit the page. The edit icon next to the page displays common editing functions for pages such as add page and preview. The settings gear displays more permanent or advanced settings such as delete and hide.
- Edit the main profile page by clicking the top page in the profile page tree.
Note: This will be the name of the account holder when the profile was first created. If a user's name has been changed, click the edit icon and choose Change Page URL to update the name and URL of the page.
- Above is the edit view of the profile page with no content in it. Contact information and profile picture are added to the sidebar automatically based on the account information discussed in the first section of this document. This information can't be updated from the profile page.
- Edit sections on the page by hovering over the 'blocks'. There are blocks in the sidebar to add information there, or in the main content area. The default block type is the Rich Text Editor. This block type is used to add information, pictures and links.
- Multiple blocks can be added to the page by hovering over the grey bar and choosing add new block.
Note: Blocks with no content in them will not show on the live page.
Editing content on the page
- Hover over the empty block at the top of the page and choose Edit to open the Rich Text Editor.
- The Rich Text Editor has all the functions needed to add content to the profile page.
- Hovering over any of the buttons will display a pop-up that says what the button does if needed.
- You can type or paste content in the editor similar to any text editor platform.
- Type the content you want to display on your website. The Format dropdown offers different heading styles for the website. These heading styles serve a purpose for ADA compliance so they should be used, in order, to separate sections of information on your page. It is not recommended to use a heading style for all of the content on your page.
- Use the Link buttons in the top-right of the editor to add a variety of Links to the page. To add a link, type the text for the link somewhere, highlight it, and click the appropriate link button. The generic link button adds a link to a different URL. The 2nd link button adds a link to a file.
- On the left of the middle row of buttons is the image button to add inline images into the editor. Once an image is selected, it can be aligned left or right to the text if desired.
- Click the save button to close the rich text editor.
- To exit the page, there are three buttons in the top right of your page.
Preview – Shows what the page will look like once published.
Ready To Publish – Sends a notification to the publisher alerting them changes have been made to the profile and they can publish the page. If the account has the permission to publish profile pages, this button will instead be Publish which will make the changes go live.
Close – This will save the changes but not send a Ready to Publish notification or publish the page.
For further assistance please contact Foxbright Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616.988.2400 ext 201.