The Slideshow gallery type is designed for use in content areas of pages. They are flexible to different content section widths, whether they are used in a full-width section, a column, or a sidebar. While the gallery being displayed can be created using a size category so that all images are cropped to the same size, the Slideshow will also display a collection of images of different sizes in an attractive manner. Tip: the Slideshow block is not intended for use in the focus image area at the top of pages. This area should be reserved for the Banner Rotator.
A gallery must be created before it can be added to a page. To create a new gallery, see Creating a new photo gallery.
Adding a Slideshow Gallery to a Page
- While editing a page, hover over an existing block and choose change block or hover over an available section and choose add block. Tip: changing an existing block will replace the existing content with the newly selected block.
- Select Slideshow as the block type and click Add/Change Block.
- Choose the Gallery to be displayed in this area. The following settings may be applied:
- Title - the gallery title field is displayed as a heading 2 style above the gallery.
- Auto Play - causes the gallery to rotate automatically
- Auto Play Speed - determines the speed of image rotation.
- SlideShow Height - determines the height of the slideshow in pixels. Slideshows will always be 100% width for a content section. The height can be adjusted to make the gallery display at a size appropriate for the collection of images.
- Captions - caption content contains the name, description, and link added to a gallery image. They can be made to always show, or setting them to toggle to show provides a button to allow the visitor to expand the caption.
- Save the slideshow to add the gallery to a page. Publish the page to make it available to visitors.
Tip: the View All Images link below the slideshow will open a 'perma-page' to display all images in the gallery as a Photo Board grid. The title of this system-generated page is the name of the gallery.