Photo Board displays a gallery as a grid of photos which can then be enlarged by a visitor for full-size viewing. It is flexible to allow showing all, some, or none of the information added to the images in a gallery. The Photo Board supports images of varying sizes/ratios and the number of images displayed in a row or on a page is configured in the block settings.
A gallery must be created before it can be added to a page. To create a new gallery, see Creating a new photo gallery.
Adding a Photo Board Gallery to a Page
- While editing a page, hover over an existing block and choose change block or hover over an available section and choose add block. Tip: changing an existing block will replace the existing content with the newly selected block.
- Select Photo Board as the block type and click Add/Change Block.
- Choose the Gallery to be displayed in this area. The following settings may be applied:
- Title - the gallery title field is displayed as a heading 2 style above the gallery.
- Images per row - determines the number of images displayed in each row of the Photo Board. Images will be evenly spaced and sized across the width of the content area.
- Rows per page - determines the number of rows on the page. If there are more images in a gallery than are set to display on the page, pagination controls will be displayed below the Photo Board.
- The Advanced Options can be clicked and expanded to display the following settings:
- Use Tile Layout - if 'Yes', the images will fill the space in the event images/information are of varying heights (see screenshot below for example). If 'No' each image will be displayed evenly spaced (see screenshot at the top of this article for example).
- Show Image Name - if 'Yes' the image name from the gallery is displayed.
- Show Image Description - if 'Yes' the image description from the gallery is displayed.
- Use Lightbox Pop-ups - if 'Yes' the image will expand when a visitor clicks the image and provide controls to navigate to other images in the gallery (see below). If 'No' the image file will be displayed by itself in the window.
- Show View All Images Link - provides a link to a visitor to view all images in the gallery's perma-page.
- Click Save to add the gallery to the page. Publish the page to make it available to visitors.
Photo Board being displayed using the Tile Layout