The Banner Rotator is designed for the focus area of pages. Required image sizes for focus galleries will depend on a website's design. For galleries in focus areas it is important to set the size category when creating the gallery to activate the built-in cropping tool. Photos not cropped for the correct ratio may be stretched or distorted to fit the focus area. See: Creating and editing photo galleries
Note: when adding a gallery to a page that is not located in the focus area, consider using the Slideshow or Photo Board gallery types, particularly if the images are various sizes/ratios.
Most page layouts have an area for a focus image or gallery, some inside page layouts will not. Oftent the focus area will be locked to an 'image' block type instead of the Banner Rotator. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to change the block type to a Banner Rotator is a gallery is desired for these areas.
Note: the focus area will usually be the first or second full width block on the page. When editing a page, pausing the courser over a block will display help text to identify the section type.
A gallery must be created before it can be added to a page. To create a new gallery, see Creating a new photo gallery.
Adding a Banner Rotator to a Page
- While editing a page, hover over the block for the Focus Image/Gallery and choose edit or choose change block and select the Banner Rotator block type . Tip: often these areas are locked to either a gallery or an image block. If it is locked, the 'change block' option will not be visible. Contact email@example.com to have that section changed to the Banner Rotator.
- Choose the Gallery to be displayed. The following settings may be applied::
- Title - the gallery title field is usually hidden from Banner Rotators in the website design. When requested by an administrator, Foxbright can style the title to show.
- Auto Play - causes the gallery to rotate automatically
- Auto Play Speed - determines the speed of image rotation.
- Default Link Text - if images contain a link but don't have link text, the default link text will be displayed and can be overridden by editing this field. Links are displayed when the captions overlay is turned on for the gallery.
- Randomize Images - images will rotate in a random order when yes is selected. Otherwise they display in the order set within the gallery. Images can be reordered by editing the gallery.
- The Gallery Controls function can be expanded to display the following settings:
- Show Buttons - set to 'Yes' to display gallery controls on the Banner Rotator. Gallery controls are recommended for ADA compliance.
- Play/Pause Button - allows a visitor to play or pause a galleries rotation. The drop-down setting controls where this button is displayed.
- Next/Previous Buttons - allows a visitor to scroll through the gallery images. The drop-down setting controls where these buttons are displayed.
- View All Button - provides a button so the visitor can view a 'perma-page' with all images in the gallery displayed as a Photo Board grid. The title of this system-generated page is the name of the gallery. The drop-down setting controls where this button is displayed.
- Save the block to add the Banner Rotator to the page. Publish the page to have the changes available to site visitors.