The new 'File Search' block allows displaying a search-able list of files in chosen folders. File Search can help visitors find and download important forms and files quickly. File can be sorted by name or date and have a variety of display options.
This feature is available in Foxbright CMS Release - Cheddar
Using File Search
- While editing a page, add a block and choose 'File Search' from available block types.
- Use the File Search properties to customize the search function and file list.
- Show Text Filter - Provides a field to search for files by keywords
- Show Date Range Filter - Provides a field to search for files by date
Allowed Folders - Determines which folder's files will be displayed
- Show Name - Displays the file name
- Show Description - Displays the file description
- Show Size - Displays the size of the file
- Show Last Modified Date - Displays the date the file was last modified or uploaded
- Show Image Preview - Displays a thumbnail of the file if the file is an image
- Show File Folder - Displays the file's folder location
- File Layout Option - When the file is an image, determines if the files details are wrap or stack with the image thumbnail
- Search layout Style - Determines if the search fields are displayed above the file list or to the side.
- Files Per Page - Determines the number of files displayed per page of the file list
- Sort by - Determines if the files are sorted by name or modified date
- Navigation Pager Options - Allows pager options to be shown or hidden.