Foxbright staff are working hard developing in-depth documentation and videos on the updated CMS in the coming weeks. In the meantime, this overview should provide clarity on most of the changes made to the system. All Foxbright clients are expected to be upgraded to CMSv5 between October 21 and November 18, 2020.
- Updated colors, fonts, icons and buttons to improve read-ability and modernize the feel within the admin panel.
- The admin panel interface has been optimized for touch-screen compatibility.
- New Page Preview options have been added for mobile and tablet views.
- The left-side features menu no longer expands. Each item links directly to the feature's list page. A 'quick add' button is available for several features to add new content with one click.
- A floating header has been added to each area with command buttons (save, publish, cancel, close etc.) so they are accessible at all times.
- Naming conventions have changed for some features to better reflect current web standards. The functions of these features have not changed.
- 'Images/Files' are now 'Files'; File 'Categories' are now 'Folders'
- News 'Sections' are now 'Feeds'; News 'Articles' are now 'Posts'
Content forms have been reorganized so sections of fields are contained within tabs in the form. This should improve the experience of adding content via touch screen, and keep all fields accessible from each tab without too much scrolling. The example shown is for adding a News Post and is similar to other content types such as Calendar Events, Spotlights, Photo Galleries etc.
The process for page editing has not changed with this update of CMSv5. New Page Preview options are the primary change within page editing.
Web Pages / Page Tree
- The web pages option now takes users directly to the page tree.
- The settings icon has been split into two icons - one for common page editing functions, and a gear icon for more advanced or permanent settings.
- Navigation to the Search Pages, My Pages, and Find Staff Pages (when applicable) are located in the page tree menu button.
- The Files option takes users directly to the Files List.
- A quick-add button is available for users to access the Upload File area from one click.
- A button to view the Folders list is available from the Files list page.
- The Photo Galleries option takes users directly to the Photo Galleries list.
- An Add Photo Gallery button is available from the list page to add a new gallery.
- The Calendars option takes users directly to the Calendar Events list.
- A quick-add button is available for users to access the Add Event area from one click.
- Buttons to Add Event or view the Calendars list are available from the Calendar Events list.
- The News option takes users directly to the News Posts list.
- A quick-add button is available for users to access the Add Post area from one click.
- Buttons to Add Post or view the News Feeds list are available from the News Posts list.
- The Spotlights option takes users directly to the Spotlights list.
- A quick-add button is available for users to access the Add Spotlight area from one click.
- Buttons to Add Spotlight or view the Spotlight Groups list are available from the Spotlights list.
Other features not mentioned in this overview have received similar treatment. For brevity, we have highlighted the most common features available to the average user. Please contact email@example.com with any questions, or give us a call at 616.988.2400x1
Stay tuned for more in-depth tutorials and videos on CMSv5!