Foxbright has added the ability to use Google reCAPTCHA with the contact form and custom forms. Google reCAPTCHA can be used as an alternative to Foxbright's default captcha questions.
For Foxbright to add reCAPTCHA to a website, the website will need to be registered with Google by the site owner (client). Once registered, Google will provide a Site Key and Secret Key for the website, which should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to configure reCAPTCHA.
Note: Google reCAPTCHA can be added to a website for free up to 1,000,000 'calls' (validations) per month. Google charges $1 per 1,000 calls in a month above 1,000,000.
Relevant information from Google
- Registering a site for reCAPTCHA
- About reCAPTCHA
- reCAPTCHA Pricing
- reCAPTCHA Documentation
- Types of reCAPTCHA offered
Registering a Site for Google reCAPTCHA
Any Google account can be used to register reCAPTCHA. It is recommended to use a google account created for the district so that the registration isn't tied to a personal account. Many Foxbright clients have a Google for Education or Analytics Account and should use that Google Admin account to register reCAPTCHA. If analytics has been setup by Foxbright, a google account should be created for the district and used to register reCAPTCHA. Multiple domains can be registered for reCAPTCHA with the same account.
- Visit the Google reCAPTCHA registration page. It is recommended to use a google account created for the district so that registration isn't tied to a personal account.
- Provide a label for the website(s) being registered. This label if for internal account purposes only, it will not be displayed with forms on the website.
- Choose the reCAPTCHA type being used for the service. reCAPTCHA v2 with checkbox is a popular format of reCAPTCHA. Foxbright websites support reCAPTCHA v2 with checkbox and reCAPTCHA v2 with invisible badge. See types of reCAPTCHA offered for more information.
- Add the domain(s) being used for this reCAPTCHA registration. Multiple domains can be registered with the same account.
- Additional Owners can be added to the account if multiple email addresses should have access to the account settings or information.
- Accept the reCAPTCHA Terms of Service and choose whether Google should send alerts about the website's traffic to the owners of the account.
- Click the Submit button to complete registration.
Adding reCAPTCHA to a Foxbright Website
Once a website has been registered with Google, the following information from the account will need to be sent to email@example.com to complete the reCAPTCHA integration:
- The type of reCAPTCHA used for the account (v2 with checkbox, or v2 with invisible badge)
- The Site Key
- The Secret Key
Once this information has been provided, Foxbright staff can add the details to the website's settings and activate google reCAPTCHA